Foreign students at Polish Universities
1. Application procedure:
- - option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens
- - option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
A. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are eligible to study under the regime applicable to Polish citizens – studies pursued in Polish (https://rejestracja.amu.edu.pl/Strona/Matrix/kandydaci/cudzoziemcy)
you can choose this option if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- you are in possession of a valid Polish Citizen Card or
- you are a citizen of an EU member state, EFTA member state (party to the EEC Agreement or Swiss Confederation, i.e. Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland) or you are a family member of such citizen or
- you hold a valid permit to settle in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you have a valid refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or
- you are under temporary protection scheme in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you are a migrant employee and citizen of an EU member state, EFTA member state (party to the EEC Agreement or Swiss Confederation, i.e. Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland or Switzerland or you are a family member of such person on condition that such person lives in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you hold a long term resident permit of European Communities in the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- you hold a temporary residence permit issued in the territory of the Republic of Poland in connection with the circumstances stipulated in Article 53(1)(7, 13 and 14) of the Act on Foreigners of 13 June 2003 (Dz.U. <Journal of Laws> No 128, item 1175, as amended), or
- you have been granted subsidiary protection in the territory of the Republic of Poland
Candidates eligible to apply under this procedure must submit recruitment documents as stipulated in the AMU Senate Resolution on the application procedure – first year full time and extra mural studies and register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji by the deadlines stipulated in the recruitment time table for a given academic year and also pay the admission fee. Results of final examinations taken and passed abroad and expressed in the grading scale used by the foreign educational institution are converted proportionally to the grading scale applied in Poland at the new final examination (matura) and in compliance with the admission criteria of a given faculty.
- Foreign candidates can apply to study any courses offered at bachelor and master degree programmes on condition that they have a command of Polish (the language of instruction). Candidates who do not have the command of Polish can enrol in a year-long intensive Polish language course (http://www.schoolpl.amu.edu.pl/)
- Studies in English under the regime applicable to Polish citizens are possible on condition that the candidates register at System Internetowej Rekrutacji, where a selection can be made from a list of available options (https://rejestracja.amu.edu.pl/)
- Studies in a foreign language
- Foreigners wishing to take up a different course in a foreign language must take the option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
- Full-time study is tuition free. If foreign students take part in other forms of study, which are not tuition free, e.g. extra-mural studies, post-diploma studies, courses taught in foreign languages, they pay fees in the same amount as those paid by citizens of the Republic of Poland
Holders of valid Polish Citizen Cards and citizens of member states of the EU, EFTA-EEC and Switzerland, who have decided to study in Poland, are free to choose the application procedure.
B. Application criteria – option available to candidates who are not eligible to study under the regime applied to Polish citizens
you can choose this option if you are
- a holder of a scholarship granted by Poland
Candidates for scholarships granted by Poland are nominated, as stipulated in international agreements, by Polish or foreign diplomatic missions or respective institutions in their countries responsible for international academic exchange. Candidates of Polish origin applying for scholarship granted by Poland report to a consular office in their place of residence.
- a holder of a scholarship granted by the sending party; tuition free studies
- not eligible for scholarship and want to pursue tuition free studies
Option available to foreigners of countries with which Poland signed inter-government agreements or aid programme agreements. Candidates apply through relevant institutions of their countries or Polish diplomatic or consular offices. Foreigners pay the tuition but receive no scholarship from the Polish government. They pay all the costs related to their study in Poland, which amount to more than 300 euro a month.
- if you want to pursue tuition paid studies
The admission decision is made by the end of July by the Deputy President for Student Affairs upon the examination of the submitted documents and when a recruitment fee of 200 euro has been paid by the candidate.
Tuition fees depend on the degree programme followed and range from 2500 to 4000 euro per year. Foreigners of Polish origin commencing studies taught in Polish are granted a 30% discount.
Students taking courses taught in English or other languages pay a fee.
Studies in English
Bachelor Degree Programs
Master Degree Programs
Ph.D. Degree Programs
Details available from:
Dział Nauczania UAM
ul. H. Wieniawskiego 1
Room 25, ground floor
Tel.+48 61 829 4366, +48 61 829 4375
Fax +48 61 829 4029