Important note: Please keep checking news updates, as the COVID-19 pandemic may enforce changes to the following tentative schedule. Information on whether or not students shall come back on campus in person or remain in online teaching mode will depend on the situation and it will be up to the Deans to decide how the situation will be approached at particular Faculties accross Adam Mickiewicz University. Please, contact your local exchange or program coordinators for details!
ACADEMIC YEAR 2020/2021 in a nutshell
|October 1, 2020||Inauguration of the Academic Year 2020/2021|
|October 14, 2020||Inauguration of the Academic Year 2020/2021 for 1st year students|
|Fall/Winter Semester 2020|
|October 15, 2020 – February 11, 2021||Classes are in session|
|December 23, 2020 – January 3, 2021||Christmas/Winter Holidays|
|February 12 – 28, 2021||Midterm exam period/midterm break|
|Spring/Summer Semester 2021|
|March 1 – June 23, 2021||Classes are in session|
|April 1 – 6, 2021||Easter/Spring Holidays|
|June 24 – July 7, 2021||Final exam period|
|July 8 – August 31, 2021||Summer Holidays and/or field classes/internships)|
|September 1 – 26, 2021||Final exam period|
The following dates are indicated as additional days off for students: November 2nd (due to All Saints Day on November 1st), May 12th (Sports Day)
Regulations on Teaching and Learning Process 2020/2021 Summary:
- In the academic year 2020/2021 classes at the University for students, doctoral schools scholarship holders, doctoral and postgraduate studies participants as well as further education students shall be conducted by remote/distance teaching and learning methods.
- Wherever applicable and/or imperative, Courses requiring access to laboratory infrastructure or work done in small groups, may be offered on-campus, based on decisions taken by the Deans at the resprective Faculties. Students shall be informed in advance.
- Physical education classes shall be taught as specified by the director of the Physical Education and Sport Centre. Further information will be available shortly.
- Remote (distance) teaching and learning shall be conducted using information technologies recommended by AMU and shall take place in real time as scheduled and within assigned groups.
- Classes offered on-campus shall be taught under the applicable sanitary regime taking into account the decisions, recommendations and guidelines of the Polish State Sanitary Inspectorate bodies.
- The Chancellor shall issue binding guidelines related to the frequency of cleaning and disinfection of the University premises, classrooms, sanitary facilities and equipment;
- The Deans shall make relevant decisions on the internships and work placements of students, including PhD candidates, (how they should be organized and for how long?).
- The academic teachers shall provide students with the possibility of remote consultations (duty hours/tutoring) in real time according to the duty roster specified.
- Persons responsible for the education process, shall:
- by 15 September 2020 – specify and inform students how the courses will be taught a given unit;
- by 28 September 2020 – define a course plan, taking into account the principle that on a single day one student group may be taught using one form of teaching only (remote or on-campus).
- Between 1 and 15 October 2020 – organize preparatory classes in remote education for first-year students. Other students are also welcome to participate.