The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange offers financial aid to the holders of the Agency’s scholarships who have found themselves in a difficult financial situation due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
‘We provide the aid to foreign students, our scholarship holders, who have stayed in Poland and whose living conditions have significantly deteriorated as a result of the current epidemic. We provide them with the opportunity to take advantage of a one-off financial aid. We expect great interest in this support measure,’ says Agnieszka Stefaniak-Hrycko, acting Director of the Polish National Academic Exchange Agency (NAWA).
The amount of the one-off financial aid is PLN 500. The following persons can apply for the aid:
- participants of preparation courses
- PhD candidates who started their education before the academic year 2019/2020.
Persons must meet all of the following conditions:
a) persons holding one of the following NAWA scholarship programmes:
- for the Polish diaspora: the General Anders Scholarship Programme,
- the Stefan Banach Scholarship Programme,
- the Ignacy Łukasiewicz Scholarship Programme,
- POLONISTA Programme,
- participating in the personal exchange within the framework of bilateral cooperation – offer for incoming researchers,
- individual scholarships,
b) persons entitled to receive the NAWA Director’s scholarship in the summer semester of the academic year 2019/2020,
c) persons who at the time of submitting the application for the financial aid are staying on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
Applications for the aid together with a justification must be submitted by 30 April 2020 .
The application form is available in the NAWA’s IT system at: https://programs.nawa.gov.pl/login (Students section).