Leaders of Change Foundation
announces an open competition for candidates from
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in Poland in the 2021–2022 academic year
The L. Kirkland Scholarship Program has been supporting individual development of young, ambitious and active citizens of Eastern Europe, South Caucasus and Central Asia for 21 years. Since 2000, almost 900 alumni have taken part in the Program. The group of alumni includes members of government, parliamentarians, managers of large multinational corporations, managers of local government bodies and well-known social activists. The author and founder of the Program is the Polish-American Freedom Foundation. The Program is also financially supported by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA).
The Program offers two semesters of studies in one of five Polish academic centers (Warsaw, Cracow, Wrocław, Poznań, Lublin) and at least two weeks of professional internship in state, private and non-governmental organizations. The program also offers an extensive training and workshop program. The program is addressed to young leaders and experts, holding university degrees, interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and the region.
- Economics and Management
- Administration / Management (i.e. business, NGOs, culture, education and healthcare)
- Public Administration (Central and Local Government Administration)
- Social Sciences (Social Psychology, Sociology)
- Political Science and International Relations
- Environmental and climate protection
- Security and cybersecurity
- Crisis management
- Development Policy and Humanitarian Aid
– Free access to university classes and support of academic advisor – A stipend of PLN 18,000 (paid in 9 installments for 9 months).
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of residence card in Poland, and people living or working in Poland when applying for a scholarship are ineligible)
- Higher education (completed 5-year study)
- Up to 40 years of age
- At least two years of professional experience
- At least two years break from participation in a previous scholarship abroad, longer than 6 months
- candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- candidates who have significant achievements
- candidates who have not yet studied in Poland
- candidates choosing studies in Polish
Approximately 45 best candidates will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
- Review of applications with regard to eligibility criteria
- Review of candidates’ proposed projects of study by independent experts
- Interviews (planned on 29 March-30 April 2021)
Description of the program and detailed application instructions can be obtained directly from the following website: www.kirkland.edu.pl. They can also be requested by e-mail from the Program Office.
Application forms should be filled out on-line.
Application forms and relevant documents should be received by the Program Office no later than:
March 1, 2021 !
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Leaders of Change Foundation
Kirkland Scholarship Program
Al. Jerozolimskie 133 m. 56, 02-304 Warsaw, Poland