From Thursday, 16 April 2020, it is compulsory to cover your mouth and nose in public!
Everybody is required to cover his or her mouth and nose in public places and common areas using a mask, scarf , shawl, veil, bandana, t-shirt or hijab.
This rule applies to all persons outside of their place of residence, in the streets, public offices, shops, service points, and work places!
U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams recently took to YouTube to show people how easy it is to fashion
a mask out of something as readily available as a t-shirt:
In the relatively short 45-second video, Adams demonstrates how a mask can be fashioned by simply folding a t-shirt in a set way and then using rubber bands to secure it around one’s mouth.
How to Wear a Cloth Face Covering
Cloth face coverings should—
- fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- be secured with ties or ear loops
- include multiple layers of fabric
- allow for breathing without restriction
- be able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape