Pre-Engineering Praparatory Course (PreTech)
Essentials of engineering Maths, Physics and Chemistry
AMU Pre-Engineering course is a two-semester program offered by Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań to international students and professionals who may need an update on maths, physics and chemistry, which are fundamental subjects for most engineering and technical studies. The preparatory course has been designed to fill this gap and enable the students to approach technical and engineering degree courses with confidence.
Apart from the courses in mathematics, physics and chemistry, the program also provides an opportunity to get basic skills in Polish and/or improve academic English.
1. Mathematics (200 hours):
• Graphs, Functions, and Models.
• The Trigonometric Functions. Applications of Trigonometry
• Systems of Equations and Matrices.
• Analytic Geometry.
• Sequences, Series, and Combinatorics.
2. Physics (200 hours):
• Sound and Waves
• Electricity and Magnetism
• Light and Optics
• Atomic and Nuclear Physics
3. Chemistry (200 hours):
• General Chemistry
• Inorganic Chemistry
• Physical Chemistry
• Applied Chemistry (nanomaterials: polymers, household chemistry, industrial chemistry)
• Organic Chemistry
4. Biology (60 hours)
• Environmental Protection
5. Engineering and Technical English (120 hours)
6. Communication and management skills (60 hours)
7. Polish (60 hours)
The AMU PreTech program, the total of 900 hours, is split between two semesters, and it covers lectures and practical classes. The laboratories are conducted in small groups of 15. Coursework is evaluated on the basis of continuous assessment and end-of-term tests.
The AMU PreTech program is taught in the Northern Morasko Campus,a modern facility conveniently connected to the city center (15 minutes via a fast tram).
Enrolment and costs:
Application deadline: 31st August 2017 (notification of acceptance will be given within 2 weeks after the deadline)
Price: 29 000 PLN (estimated price: 7300 USD; 6500 EURO)
* the price includes all books and materials
* The University reserves the right to withdraw the educational offer unless there are
at least 20 candidates enrolled.
* no meals and accommodation provided